- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
The SM7B is a smooth and warm sounding microphone that is ideal for close-talk applications such as radio presenting and voiceovers for TV. It has also been widely used for vocals on numerous albums.
Electromagnetic hum is emitted by computer monitors which can cause interference to your sound if the mic is in close proximity to a TV screen or computer monitor and is not shielded.
Weight: 765 g Height x Width x Depth: 198.7 × 117.0 × 96.0 mm Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz Frequency Response: Adjustable Sensitivity: -59.00 dBV/Pa - 1.12 mV/Pa Transducer Type: Dynamic Polar Pattern: Cardioid Switchable low cut: Yes Connectors: XLR Attenuator: No Interchangeable Capsule: No Main Functionality: Broadcasting Headphone Output: No Cartridge: Fixed