Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar, Olympic White, Rosewood
FOUR-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
Rather than traditional slide switches, Marr's signature Jaguar has a special four-way blade pickup switch on the lower horn, delivering the bridge pickup alone, the bridge and neck pickups in parallel, the neck pickup alone, and the neck and bridge pickups in series.
BRIDGE POST/TREMOLO ARM SLEEVE NYLON INSERTS
The Johnny Marr Jaguar features special nylon bridge-post inserts for improved bridge stability, and a "taller" tremolo arm with a nylon-sleeve insert to keep it from swinging loose.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it's a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
CUSTOM NECK PROFILE
In an especially authentic touch, the neck on this signature model has a comfortably broken-in custom profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) based directly on Marr's 1965 Jaguar.
BARE KNUCKLE® PICKUPS
For specially voiced tone worthy of such an inventive and versatile guitarist, this Jaguar is built with "Bare Knuckle" Johnny Marr single-coil custom-wound neck and bridge pickups.
TWO "BRIGHT" SLIDE SWITCHES
In an extra-special design element, the upper horn of the Johnny Marr Jaguar features two slide switches-a "universal" bright switch that kicks everything up a notch or two, and a separate bright switch that only affects the "series" pickup switch position.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Lacquer
- Body Shape Jaguar®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Lacquer
- Neck Shape Custom Shape Based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar® Guitar
- Scale Length 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Fret Size Vintage-Style
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup Custom-Wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr
- Neck Pickup Custom-Wound Bareknuckle® Johnny Marr
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Configuration SS
- Bridge Jaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines 6-in-Line American Vintage
- Pickguard 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Strings Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Other Features Custom Wound Pickups, Artist Signature on front of headstock, Nylon Bridge Post Inserts for improved stability; Nylon Insert in Trem Arm Sleeve to prevent arm swing
- Legal Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag Hardshell Case with Blue Interior
- Included Accessories Strap, cable, set of flatwound strings