Electro Harmonix 720 Stereo Looper
Electro Harmonix pedals are well known for being some of the best value options you can pick up. The tone and utility of their stuff us unbelivable considering how little some of their pedals cost. Now with the 720 stereo looper they are offering 12 minutes of high quality loop time with unlimited overdubs for a great price.
12 Minutes of loop time
720 seconds or 12 minutes is a long time. It is certainly more than enough time to add layer upon layer until you can layer no more. Plus with 10 independent loops it is easy to store loops to use at a later time. Come up with a great new idea at a jam session and want to store it for later? Just record it as a loop in the 720 and it will keep it until you decide you want to delete it.
One complaint we have heard about some cheaper loopers is how bad the A/D/A conversion is. That will not be an issue with the 720 however as with uncompressed 24 bit conversion at 44.1khz (CD Quality) sample rate you will hear next to no difference compared to the non looped sound.
The 720 is so easy to control as unlike other companies they have included a second footswitch! You still have a range of different controls you can set on these footswitches but by adding in a second one instant control is now possible.
Half Speed and Reverse Effects
So this is quite interesting. On the 720 you have the option of using half time or reverse speed effects which are amazing for when you want to layer up a low tuned or atmospheric backing section. They may not have the project to use them with now but when the time is right you will be so happy this pedal has it.
Here's what Electro Harmonix say about the 720 Stereo Looper
With 720 seconds (12 minutes) of stereo recording time on 10 independent loops and unlimited overdubbing, the compact 720 Stereo Looper provides guitarists with an intuitive tool that's perfect for practice and live performance.
- Extra-long 12 minutes of stereo recording time
- 10 independent loops
- Undo-Redo, Reverse and 1/2 Speed Effects at the touch of a button
- High-quality, uncompressed audio, 24-bit A/D/A converters plus 44.1kHz sample rate
- Stereo in/out for enhanced usability… record two instruments at once
- Foot controller input provides a way to use popular 3-button foot controllers to change a bank up or down, and gives access to instant Undo-Redo
- Silent footswitches
- Loop fadeout (trails) mode
- Includes EHX9.6DC power supply
- Works on 9V battery and provides extended battery life
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)