Ukulele Basics With CD by Lorraine Bow & Alex Davis
Ukulele Basics is a landmark ukulele method for young beginners. Carefully designed for use in both individual- and group-learning contexts, Ukulele Basics supports players and teachers through the early stages of learning, providing the ideal foundation for budding musicians. From how to hold your ukulele, through basic chords and strumming patterns, to playing accompaniments and simple tunes, this carefully paced method provides a complete resource for aspiring players.
- Suitable for absolute beginners aged 6+
- Gradually introduces key musical concepts, tab and stave notation, simple chords and strums and tunes to pluck
- CD containing demos for all songs and chords as well as numerous backing tracks
- Notes for teachers and tips for parents/carers to download from the CD
- Detailed lesson plans for selected songs can be found below
- The Strings Song
- Strum Song
- See my C!
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- A Sailor Went to Sea
- Drunken Sailor (2 versions)
- Sail Us Away
- Hot Cross Buns
- Frère Jacques (2 versions)
- London Bridge is Falling Down
- I Can Play My Ukulele
- Time To Strum!
- He's Got The Whole World in His Hands
- Swing Low
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- I'm Gonna Sing
- Blue Moon
- Banana Boat Song
- How Much Is That Doggie In The Window
- Daisy Bell
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Creepy Fingers!
- Scale the Ladder
- The Ukulele Alphabet