Ros Stephen/Nicky King: Flute Globetrotters
Flute Globetrotters brings together 12 toe-tapping original tunes in styles from around the world - from Arabic to Chinese and from klezmer to the Argentinian tango - for the budding flautist. This unique book presents a kaleidoscope of musical traditions, with supporting information and backing tracks that capture each sound-world. To help with technique and interpretation, every piece includes warm-ups and stylistic tips from the authors. With options for flute or piano accompaniment, and an inspirational CD, Flute Globetrotters is the ultimate resource for those looking to go travellin' ...
- 12 fun pieces in styles from around the world
- Suitable for young flautists everywhere (2+ years' experience/grades 2-4)
- Range of styles including bossa nova, blues, South African, Nordic, and Indian
- Fascinating background information and tailored warm-ups
- Includes flute accompaniments for a teacher or more experienced pupil and piano accompaniments with guitar chords
- CD with performances and backings for every piece, recorded by renowned world-music performers