The five-string version of the BB434.
- Solid Alder Body
- 6-Bolt Miter Neck Joint
- 5-piece Neck
- YGD Custom V5 Pickups (AlnicoV)
- Vintage Plus Light Bridge : Convertible Bridge and Saddle
- Lightweight Open Gear Tuners
6-bolt Miter Neck Joint
Miter bolting holds the neck closer and tighter to the body fusing these two separate components into one.
Compared to a conventional bolt-on joint, miter bolting offers more efficient transfer of string vibration throughout the body, for improved sustain and outstanding resonance that brings every note to life.
YGD Custom V5 Pickups
Alnico magnet pickups tuned to deliver the classic BB vintage tone, slightly updated to provide a brighter sound that cuts through in live performance situations.
The new BB models are equipped with one tone control and two volume control knobs, for versatile sound shaping.
Convertible Bridge for Precise Tone Shaping: Vintage Plus Light Bridge
The 400 models are equipped with a Vintage Plus Light bridge that incorporates “Diagonal Body Thru Stringing,” in which the strings are angled at the saddle and pass through the instrument to the bridge at a 45º angle, as opposed to the traditional vertical stringing method which places more stress on the strings. Diagonal Body Thru Stringing significantly reduces this stress while transferring string vibration to the body reliably and efficiently. The strings can also be attached to the tail end of the bridge. In 5-string models the bridge is equipped with an offset low B string.
The new series features a 5-ply maple and mahogany laminated neck, in a bolt-on design that delivers a sharp attack, and quick response. This durable construction resists warping and twisting and adds the tight, penetrating character of maple combined with the warmth of mahogany to the instrument’s tone.
New Neck Shape
The New BB models feature a slightly thinner neck than previous BB basses, improving playability and feel for both modern and traditional players.
Lighter weight tuners offer a better balance and complement the overall feel, providing a perfect match for the smaller, lighter body of the new BB.
- Construction 6-bolt mitre neck
- Body solid alder
- Neck 3-ply maple/mahogany/maple
- Neck finish satin
- Inlays dot
- Scale Length 34” (863.6mm)
- Fretboard rosewood or maple
- Fretboard Radius 10” (250mm) - 4 string - 23 5/6” (600mm) - 5 string
- Nut width 0/12fret 40/56.3mm - 4 string - 43/63.9mm - 5 string
- Frets 21, medium
- Nut Graphtech
- Bridge Vintage Plus Light (steel baseplate/ saddles)
- String spacing (4/5 string) 19/18mm
- Machineheads Lightweight open-gear
- Pickguard 3-ply (TBS = black, BBL/TLB = cream)
- Pickups YGD V5 P/J (alnico V)
- Controls neck vol, bridge vol, tone
- Hardware Colour chrome
- Strings D’Addario EXL170 45-100/130
- Case n/a
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.Please Log in or Register to write a review