Fender American Special Telecaster, Lake Placid Blue, Rosewood
U.S. TELE STYLE
The American Special Telecaster puts U.S-made Fender quality into the hands of players at any level. For the guitarist who wants a combination of timeless Fender style and contemporary features, this guitar delivers traditional Tele® design with some extra elements for modern tone and performance, including dual Texas SpecialTM pickups and special circuitry, modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, and more. Great sounding, great looking and feeling, and made in the United States.
- Maple neck with "C" profile
- 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
- Dual Texas SpecialTM single-coil Telecaster pickups
- Three-way pickup switch
- GreasebucketTM tone circuit (rolls off highs without adding bass)
- Vintage-style string-through-body Telecaster bridge with three brass saddles
The American Special Telecaster borrows the stylishly classic bridge from its American Vintage series cousins, with a rock-solid string-through-body design and three brass "barrel" saddles for an extra touch of original-era authenticity.
GREASEBUCKETTM TONE CIRCUIT
The tone-control electronics in this American Special guitar include Fender's Greasebucket tone circuit. When dialing down the tone knobs, this circuitry rolls off high end without creating additional emphasis on bass. That keeps the tone from getting muddy, and it helps create sparkling clean tone and great overdriven sounds too.
GLOSS URETHANE FINISH
The shiny gloss urethane finish on American Special instruments imparts a beautifully glassy sheen and especially vivid color in a highly durable coating that effectively resists the ravages of weather, aging and fading.
The largest of the fret sizes, jumbo frets are tall and wide, which lets you get a better grip on the strings, enabling more control over them and making bends and vibrato easier. A good choice for players with larger hands and thicker fingers.
MODERN NECK WITH "C" PROFILE AND SATIN BACK FINISH
American Special guitars feature a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary "C"-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) and a smooth satin finish. Ideal for those who play with the thumb on the back or side of the neck.
TEXAS SPECIALTM PICKUPS
Single-coil Texas Special pickups are over-wound for big Texas-blues tone with dynamically scorching output. With alnico 5 magnets, enamel-coated magnet wire and staggered pole pieces for balanced output across each string, they sing, scream and everything in between with tight bass, focused midrange and crystalline highs.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Fret Size Jumbo
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Blocks on Maple; White Dots on Rosewood
- Truss Rod Standard
- Bridge Pickup Texas SpecialTM Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup Texas SpecialTM Single-Coil Tele
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration SS
- Special Electronics GreasebucketTM Tone Circuit (Rolls off Highs Without Adding Bass)
- Bridge 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs Knurled Dome
- Switch Tip Barrel Style
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Standard
- Strings Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Other Features "Barrel" Switch Tip, Single "T"-Roller String Tree, '70s Style Decal
- Legal Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Gig Bag
- Included Accessories Deluxe Gig Bag, Polishing Cloth