Fender Mustang Bass PJ, Sonic Blue, Pau Ferro
VERSATILE SOUND, CLASSIC STYLE
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender's most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance. This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass® and J Bass® pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style.
- 30" scale length; "C"-shaped maple neck
- One P Bass split single-coil middle pickup, one J Bass® single-coil bridge pickup
- 9.5"-radius Pau Ferro fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets
- Four-saddle bridge; four-bolt neck plate; vintage-style tuning machines
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
This Mustang Bass features Fender's classic short scale length (30") for pronounced playing comfort for students and beginners, smaller players and anyone who enjoys the easily reachable range of a short-scale bass.
"PJ" PICKUP CONFIGURATION
Bassists will appreciate the tonal versatility of the "PJ" pickup configuration, with a seismic split single-coil Precision Bass® middle pickup and growling Jazz Bass® bridge pickup.
MODERN "C"-SHAPED NECK
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary "C"-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), 9.5" fingerboard radius and medium jumbo frets.
THREE-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
This Mustang Bass features a three-way toggle pickup switch, giving you either the bridge or neck pickup alone, or both.
FOUR-SADDLE HARDTAIL BRIDGE
This model features a hardtail four-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain.
ENGRAVED NECK PLATE
This Mustang Bass features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender "F" logo-a classic design element for Fender instruments.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Mustang Bass
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Scale Length 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 19
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays White Dot
- Truss Rod Standard
- Truss Rod Nut 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Configuration PJ
- Bridge 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Strings Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
- Case/Gig Bag Optional Gig Bag (p/n 0991521106) Available
- Included Accessories None
- Recommended Case 099-1521-106 Urban Short Scale Bass Gig Bag