Fender American Professional Precision Bass, Antique Olive, Maple
A BASS-IC REVOLUTION
Bass-it's where rhythm meets melody, creating a righteous groove that forces you to move with it. Without the Fender Precision Bass, the original electric bass, dance floors everywhere would be empty. As music evolves, our instruments change in lockstep; the end result is today's version of this seminal instrument-the American Professional Precision Bass.
- Single Michael Bump-designed V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup
- '63 P Bass neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMassTM Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
V-Mod Precision Bass pickups are modified versions of our classic vintage pickup designs. Packed with the fundamental Fender bass sound you know and love, these split-coil pickups use alnico 5 magnets on the treble side and alnico 2 on the bass side to deliver classic tone with all the vintage warmth and crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
'63 P BASS® NECK PROFILE
Considered by many to be the gold standard of bass neck profiles, American Professional Precision Bass guitars use the '63 P Bass® neck profile. The satin finish on the back of the neck provides a smooth fret-hand feel.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
NEW FLUTED-SHAFT TUNING MACHINES
Wider at the top than the bottom, the fluted shafts force the string windings downward and keep them tight, resulting in a sharper and consistent break angle over the nut, creating increased sustain and better tuning stability.
POSIFLEXTM GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more "organic" sounding.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Precision Bass®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Shape "1963 C"
- Scale Length 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size Narrow Tall
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rod Standard
- Truss Rod Nut 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Middle Pickup V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Configuration Split Single-Coil
- Bridge 4-Saddle HiMassTM Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Strings Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag Elite Molded Case