Classic Musical Moments: Piano Solos with Theory in Practice - Grade 4
This book is a compilation of timeless classics, simplified and aimed to build the skills, agility and tonal control of intermediate pianists, in order to assist the transition into late intermediate level. Theory exercises are included after each song, for the pianist to make a practical/theory connection.
1. Wedding March Incidental Music (Op. 61) to A Midsummer Night's Dream by Felix Mendelssohn (For rhythmic precision and octave chord practice) with theory exercises
2. Tristesse Etude No. 3 Op. 10 by Frederic Chopin (For tonal balance and legato pedaling) with theory exercises
3. Caprice No. 24 in A minor (Theme) From 24 Caprices for Solo Violin by Niccolo Paganini (For rhythmic precision and agility) with theory exercises
4. Barcarolle From the Opera The Tales of Hoffmann by Jacques Offenbach (For a cantabile touch) with theory exercises
5. Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Allegro) Serenade No. 13 in G major (K. 525) by W.A Mozart (For articulation and ornamentation) with theory exercises