Continuing the success of the popular Katana series is the Boss Katana Air - the world's first wireless guitar amplifier. No longer are messy cable runs an issue at home or in the studio - simply tune up and play with great tone, ultra-low latency and reliability.
The World's First Wireless Guitar Amp!
With full battery power support, you are no longer constrained by AC power supply with the Katana Air amp. Move anywhere, and play anytime!
With Katana-Air, you can wirelessly edit and organize sounds with a dedicated app and jam with songs streamed from your smartphone. With the innovative Katana-Air and your favorite axe, casual playing has never been more convenient and inspiring.
- Totally wireless guitar amplifier with newly developed BOSS technology
- Rock-solid sound with ultra-low latency
- Custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar and charges while docked in the amp
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge, and automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected
- Always ready to play, with motion sensing technology in the transmitter that instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode
- Premium tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 world-class BOSS effects
- Six onboard memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups
- Powerful stereo speaker system with full-range sound and up to 30 watts of power*
- Edit and organize tones wirelessly with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth
- Amplifier powered by eight AA-size batteries or included AC adapter
- Aux in for connecting wired devices, plus headphones/recording out for silent practice and music production
Premium Tone, Wireless Freedom
The Katana Air features a wealth of great guitar tone derived from the full-sized Boss Katana amps. Featuring 5 unique amp models and 50 Boss Effects, the Katana Air packs a punch in a very small footprint.
Five unique amp characters provide a wide range of tones, from sparkling clean to BOSS’s custom high-gain Brown sound. There’s even an Acoustic character optimized for playing acoustic-electric guitar. The amp also provides integrated access to over 50 BOSS effects, including mod, delay, reverb effects optimized for the Katana-Air’s stereo speaker system. And with six onboard memories, you can store and recall your favorite amp and effects setups at any time.
Low Latency Performance
The Katana-Air features new low-latency digital wireless guitar technology developed by BOSS, providing transparent sound and ultra-quick response without any lag or dropouts. The included custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar, and has indicators for power and battery status. A convenient docking port in the amp charges the battery in the transmitter, providing up to 12 hours of total playing time per charge.
Boss Tone Studio App
Compatible with both iOS and Android mobile devices, you can use Boss Katana Air with a dedicated BOSS Tone Studio app via Bluetooth. You get full control over the amps top panel controls wirelessly, so you can shape your tone without tweaking the amp directly. When using Boss Tone Studio, you also unlock access to exclusive effect types and routings as well as regular content updates from Boss Tone Central. Save your custom setups, patches and routings and keep your sound library organised all from one convenient app for mobile or tablet.