John Harle: The Saxophone
This is the most in-depth approach to playing the saxophone ever published. In this two-volume box set, master saxophonist John Harle reveals his ground-breaking techniques for fluent and natural playing transforming the musical and learning experience of students and professionals alike.
Practical, clear and universally relevant, The Saxophone discloses John Harle's secrets to playing with individuality, fluent technique and a powerful musical presence by:
- introducing revolutionary new concepts such as the Reed Fan, the Power Lines and the Cathedral of Resonance
- exploring every aspect of playing and performing, from breathing, resonant tone production and fluent articulation through to techniques for building ease and flow in performance
- featuring unique anatomical diagrams, stunning visualisations and colour-coded musical examples throughout
- offering expert advice on all aspects of performance: dealing with fear, nerves and adrenalin, developing a strong psychological approach and setting goalposts for success
- including practice wheels that help develop a structured and relaxed practice routine.